We love kids!! Establishing good oral care habits at a young age is an important foundation for a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. We focus on educating both the child and parent about how to care for teeth in a fun, relaxed environment. Along with the Canadian Dental Association, we recommend that your child’s first visit should occur by the age of one or within six months of when you see the first tooth.
Regular dental examinations support good health. The earlier your child visits the dentist, the better the chance of preventing a problem, such as decay. This can also increase your child's comfort with the experience.
Your child’s visit will include:
- examining your child’s mouth
- addressing any concerns that you may have
- identifying any problems before they become more serious
- monitoring the development of your child’s teeth and jaws
- providing tips for caring for your child’s teeth and gums
- after determining cavity risk, fluoride may be applied to strengthen the teeth
What you can do to create a positive experience for your child and prepare your child for the visit:
- Schedule an appointment for a time when your child will be well rested and relaxed
- Treat the appointment as routine and bring along a favourite toy or blanket